A discreet helping hand
Assisted living at Elegance Berkeley is grounded in compassionate care and rigorous attention to safety. Our care team will complete a health evaluation to develop your personalized care plan before you move in, and on an ongoing basis as your needs evolve.
As a licensed assisted living community in California, we offer the following care and wellness services:
ADL (ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING) SUPPORT
- Bathing, Showering, Oral Care and Grooming Support
- Dressing/Undressing Support
- Toileting Assistance
- Incontinence Management
- One- and Two-Person Transfers from Bed or Chair Mechanical Lift Assistance*
- Escorts To and From Meals and Events
- Assistance with Self-Administration of Medications
- Medication Management including Reviews by a Pharmacist, Medication Reconciliation, Pharmacy Consultations, and New Medications Filled within 48 Hours
- Three Nutritious, Freshly Prepared Meals Daily
- Mealtime Assistance and Adaptive Dining Equipment
- Accommodations for Mechanical Soft, Pureed or Thickened Liquids Diets
- Accommodations for Lower-Sodium Diets
THERAPY & SAFETY
- Physical, Occupational, Respiratory and Speech Therapy On-Site
- Coordination of Home Health, Podiatry and Dental Care Services
- Status Checks
- Safety Checks
- Standard Fall Risk Precautions
- Caregivers On-Site 24/7
NURSING & MONITORING
- Licensed Nurse On-Call 24/7
- CPR-Trained Staff On-Call 24/7
- Weight and Vitals Monitoring (if assessed for or ordered by Physician)
- Assistance with Medical Equipment, CPAP, Anti-Embolism Stockings and Braces Administration of Nebulizer Treatment and Medications
- Administration of Enemas and Suppositories*
- Oxygen Administration
- Colostomy and Ileostomy Care
- Catheter Care
*as allowed by state regulations/licensure
Senior living services and amenities
At Elegance Berkeley, care services are one part of a holistic approach to well-being. Residents also enjoy services and amenities including:
- 24/7 staff
- Chef-prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner with accommodations for certain dietary requests and requirements
- Transportation for local appointments, errands and outings
- Housekeeping and linen services
- Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
- Wellness and engagement programs
- Accessible apartments with emergency alert system
- On-site visiting clinical services available
How much does assisted living cost?
In addition to a monthly apartment rental rate, assisted living care services are offered at a monthly rate based on the amount and type of services performed. Services are based on estimated time required for service per month and the care team member(s) providing the service (i.e. Licensed Nurse, Care Partner and Medication Technician).
What are assisted living apartments like?
Assisted living apartments offer the comforts of home, designed with safety and accessibility in mind. Features include a kitchenette, a private bathroom, and a selection of floor plans.
How do I know if assisted living is the right choice?
Like most things in life, the decision to move to a senior living community is personal and depends on your unique situation. Read here for insight on how to make the best decision for your family.