A holistic approach
With memory support at Symphony at Olmsted Falls, people living with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia benefit from individualized care and strong relationships with specially trained staff, in a secure, intentionally designed neighborhood. Our DAYPULSE approach to care and engagement programs creates a consistent daily routine based on energy patterns of those living with memory loss in order to help stabilize mood, alleviate anxiety, improve sleep and stimulate appetite.
THE DAYPULSE APPROACH
Each day’s routine is structured around three distinct energy levels.
Memory loss often causes disrupted physical and mental daily energy patterns. Day and night cycles can be reversed, leading to poor sleep, apathy, anxiety and decreased appetite.
Our DayPulse approach to care and engagement programs adds structure and predictability to daily life, by providing a consistent daily routine based on the energy patterns of those living with memory loss.
As a licensed assisted living community in Ohio, we offer the following care and wellness services:
ADL (ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING) SUPPORT
- Bathing, Showering, Oral Care and Grooming Support
- Dressing/Undressing Support
- Toileting Assistance
- Incontinence Management
- One- and Two-Person Transfers from Bed or Chair Mechanical Lift Assistance*
- Escorts To and From Meals and Events
- Assistance with Self-Administration of Medications
- Medication Management including Reviews by a Pharmacist, Medication Reconciliation, Pharmacy Consultations, and New Medications Filled within 48 Hours
- Three Nutritious, Freshly Prepared Meals Daily
- Accommodations for Mechanical Soft, Pureed or Thickened Liquids Diets
- Accommodations for Lower-Sodium Diets
- Consultations with Registered Dietitians
- Mealtime Assistance and Adaptive Dining Equipment
THERAPY & SAFETY
- Physical, Occupational, Respiratory and Speech Therapy On-Site
- Coordination of Home Health, Podiatry and Dental Care Services
- Status Checks
- Safety Checks
- Standard Fall Risk Precautions
- Caregivers On-Site 24/7
NURSING & MONITORING
- Licensed Nurse On-Call 24/7
- Weight and Vitals Monitoring (if assessed for or ordered by Physician)
- Diabetes Management Including Insulin Injections, Sliding Scale Therapy, Reminders and Storage*
- Assistance with Medical Equipment, CPAP, Anti-Embolism Stockings and Braces Administration of Nebulizer Treatment and Medications
- Administration of Enemas and Suppositories*
- Oxygen Administration
- Catheter Care
Wound Care Monitoring (Stage 1 and 2)
*as allowed by state regulations/licensure
What are memory support apartments like?
Memory support apartments and are designed for comfort, safety, accessibility – and connection. Their smaller floor plan is intentional, to encourage residents to spend time engaging with their neighbors and caregivers, in common spaces. Studio and shared-suite options feature a private bathroom.
How much does memory support cost?
In addition to a monthly apartment rental rate, memory support services are offered at a monthly rate based on the amount and type of services performed. Services are based on estimated time required for service per month and the care team member(s) providing the service (i.e. Licensed Nurse, Care Partner and Medication Technician).